Friday, September 28, 2012

A candle, with... monkey farts and reindeer poop?!?

Yup. A Black Flame Candle with Monkey Farts and Reindeer Poop. Bet you never would have imagined hearing that sentence. ;o)


Today's delivery was nail mail from 365 Days of Color. This was my third order from Sunny, and I love everything I have gotten so far. Black Flame Candle is a polish from her Halloween collection, Hocus Pocus. It is a black jelly with shimmers that flash different colors when they catch the light. Other than the bottle shot I couldn't really capture the colors; you really need to see it shimmer in person to get the full effect. Like with all of the jelly polishes I have tried I initially had a bit of streaking, but by three coats the color evened out

Pointer and middle fingers are two coats of Black Flame Candle over one coat of Zoya Raven, and ring and pinky are three coats with no undies. All  have one coat of HK Girl Fast Drying and Super Shiny Clear Top Coat (I'll tell you how much I love that top coat another time.) The photo shows more of a difference between undies and commando than is seen in real life in artificial light. The coat of Raven underneath just deepens the black a bit and keeps from having a visible nail line. I really don't see much of a VNL under three coats.

As for the rest of my haul, we have Monkey Farts and Reindeer Poop cuticle oils. Monkey Farts reminds me of suntan lotion and banana Laffy Taffy; it screams Summer to me. I really can't describe the scent of Reindeer Poop (other than it makes me think OMG Christmas!) so this is the description from 365 Days of Color's Facebook page "Reindeer Poop begins with top notes of apples and pears; followed by middle notes of eucalyptus, pine, and geranium; and well-balanced with base notes of vanilla, cedarwood, and patchouli." Yeah, like I said, Christmas.

These oils are 5mL, and come as part of a three bottle sampler pack. You can choose your scents (and there are A LOT to choose from) or you can let Sunny decide. I ordered Green Apple, Pumpkin and Lime in my first sampler pack, and I use them all the time. I think the oils are incredibly handy - the roller ball applicator makes it easy to apply and keeps the mess to a minimum. These are great to have on hand, especially as the weather is starting to turn cooler and my skin gets drier.

I highly recommend visiting 365 Days of Color. The cuticle oils and balms are awesome, and take a look at the rest of the Hocus Pocus collection as well as her other polishes. Funfetti is on my list of all time faves. Here is the store, you should go check it out.

So, who else has tried 365 Days of Color, and what did you think about what you got?



(The items reviewed here were paid for by me, and all opinions are my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment