Saturday, September 29, 2012

Polishing Off Pancreatic Cancer

This post is about a cause much more important to me than nail polish, but polishes will feature shortly.

Three years ago, we lost my aunt to pancreatic cancer. It all happened so quickly, and she passed on less than three months after she was diagnosed. Unfortunately it seems that most cases are like that. The symptoms are so "quiet" that by the time the diagnosis is made the cancer is already in an advanced stage, and oftentimes when there are symptoms they're attributed to other illnesses. According to the Lustgarten Foundation's website, "Pancreatic cancer has no early warning signs, and there are no effective screening tests" and "In the United States, cancer of the pancreas is the fourth leading cause of cancer deaths in both men and women." Considering that, I don't understand why I don't hear much about fundraising for pancreatic cancer research. That is why I support the Lustgarten Foundation, and I am participating in the Long Island Pancreatic Cancer Research Walk on October 14th. But I need your help.

Since I do not usually get many donations, I have decided to hold a fundraiser raffle - "Polishing Off PC." I was amazed and encouraged by the support the polish community showed in another raffle a while back. It inspired me to ask for your support as well. So here I am.


Now for the not so good stuff - The rules.

Polishing Off PC is open from now through 12am EST on October 14th. Since the walk is that morning, I am not sure I can accept donations on my website beyond then. I am going to double check that, so if I learn something different I may be able to extend the raffle.

This is open to residents of the US and Canada only. I cannot ship the prizes to other locations at this time. (I am seeing what I can do to change that so stay tuned!)

All donations for the raffle must be made on my donation page on the Long Island Pancreatic Cancer Research Walk website. 100% of your donation goes to the Lustgarten Foundation. (If you have trouble with the link to my donation page please let me know.)

Each dollar donated will count as 1 raffle "ticket," and as there is a $5.00 minimum donation on the site you will have at least 5 chances. Please feel free to donate more than that; the more you donate the more chances you have.

In the dedication section, please be sure to select your name for "Recognition From," and please check off "Yes, I would like to show my donation amount scrolling." That is really important since it is how I will getting the information to keep track of everyone's "tickets." The prize winners will be chosen based on that information with Random.org, and the names of the winners will be announced on my blog.


Now for the good stuff (maybe even the really good stuff?) - The Prizes. ***The order of prizes has changed. please see Here***

Currently the amounts and prizes for reaching them are:

$50: Spectral Pup (Dollish Polish) This goal has been met and SP is up for grabs!
$150: Violet (The Nail Junkie)
$250: Jawbreaker (Pretty & Polished)
$350: The Koopa King (Dollish Polish)
$450: Shift Happens (Girly Bits)
$550: Wicked Wario (Dollish Polish)
$650: Train Underwater (Pahlish)
$750: A Peachy Princess (Dollish Polish)
$850: Apple (The Nail Junkie)
$950: Go Luigi! (Dollish Polish)
$1,050: Floam (Ninja Polish)
$1,150: It's a Me, Mario (Dollish Polish)
$1,250: Deadly Nightshade (Dollish Polish)
$1,350: Spectral Pup and Vampires Coven (Dollish Polish)
$1,500: The Gilty Pleasures 18K Real Gold Nail Polish Topcoat Trio Gift Box (Zoya)

(If we raise more than that I will add more prizes, and maybe even sprinkle in a few bonuses along the way.)

So that is the story of Polishing Off PC. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave me comments with them. If you make a donation, thank you and good luck! Even if you can't make a donation, you can still help. Please tell as many people as you can about this, and ask them to let their friends/family/colleagues know, and so on. Any help to get the word out is greatly appreciated! And, if anyone is interested in donating prizes, please email me at lifetimesandlacquersoflilmoon@gmail.com.

My sincerest thanks for whatever help anyone can give!
- Jaclyn


*Polishing Off PC is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.*

No comments:

Post a Comment