Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Candy - 8 Spooky Nights Challenge Day 3

Candy! Oh, I knew I was going to have fun with this theme. I mean, think of all of the candy options there are - M&Ms and Skittles manis being the most obvious to me. And candy corn since it is a Halloween challenge and all. I also saw some pretty nice candy cane and starlight  mint manis when I was scrolling through candy mani photos, but I figure I will wait for Chrismukkah before I try those. I wanted to try something different, and I actually thought about doing a mani like this a few weeks ago, when someone told me about having to do a candy theme for another challenge. Needless to say I was happy when I saw this was the theme for today.

So, for my candy manicure, I bring you... Kisses!
I used a black WnW for the base, and then Revlon Snow Bunny and SC Queen of Beauty for the "foil," and SH White On for the tags. I had some trouble shaping the kisses and the tags (and realized how much I prefer doing nail art like that with acrylic paint), and me being the picky chick I am, went nuts trying to clean up the design. But I am pretty happy with this overall, and I think it may be something a little different. And now I want chocolate! >.<

You can check out what the other participants are doing for the challenge by clicking on their links below, and check out Peace Love Lacquer's Facebook page to see what the nonblogger contestants have done.

TTFN!
~ Jaclyn

Check out the other participants too, their links are below!

Peace Love Lacquer
XO, Noelle
College Polished
PishPosh & Polish
Beauty Dish
Nail By Katie
Jenerally Speaking 
Galactic Lacquer 
Tres' Chic Nails 
charlottes-nails 
Manic Manis
The Life, Time and Lacquers of Lilmoon
Makeup and Nails, Not War
Not Too Polished
Mimi Manicures
Seriously Swatched
8 Spooky Nights
Jilltastic Nail Designs

5 comments: