Monday, October 1, 2012

Gold, on the ceiling...

{humming along} You know, the song from The Black Keys? Yes? No? You'll understand in a minute or two. Ok, moving along...

Today I received another order from Girly Bits. Man, I really do love Pam's Stuff. My husband just gaped at me when I tore into everything the second I was in the car. The polish I was most excited about is Howl at the Moon, the October polish in the Calendar Girls series. The second I saw the color on the site I had to have it. Along with a few others, but they're for another day. It seemed fitting that I start off October with this.

So, Howl at the Moon.
The product description says it "is a blackened blurple jelly with various sizes of gold hexes." The base seems more black to me, but I think my brain automatically translates "blackened" to "black." The darkness of the base is one of the reasons I like it so much; I think it makes the gold just pop, especially the biggest glitters. I just can't help but start singing "Gold on the Ceiling" every time I look at it.

I used two coats of Howl at the Moon over one coat of Zoya Raven. I was going to skip the undies, but I really wanted the contrast between the black and the gold and I think that base really paid off. The glitters applied like a dream. I didn't need to go fishing and there was very minimal positioning. One coat of HK Girl was all I needed on top to level it out.

{sigh} Just look at the layers of gold glitters floating there in the jelly. What can I say? I'm a girl, and I like shiny things. Know what I mean? ;o)

If any of you have swatches of Howl at the Moon over other base colors shoot me an email at lifetimesandlacquersoflilmoon@gmail.com and let me know where I can see them. I would love to check them out.


*All products I wrote about were purchased by me and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment