Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Graveyard - 8 Spooky Nights & This is Halloween Challenges

Sorry about my posts being late. Unfortunately Sandy got in my way for a bit. I wasn't able to post, by we are ok, and that is the important part.

Since Graveyard was a theme for both challenges I doubled up again, and this mani is for both. Please excuse that it is not my best detail work or clean up. Nail art by candlelight isn't as easy as you may think. :o)
With flash

In Home Depot lighting
So, my middle nail. I asked the hubby for an idea of something to do, and he told me to put a rock on the tombstone as if it was in a Jewish cemetery. So I did. But then I decided I needed something more, so I decided the skeleton was reaching up out of the grave in the moonlight. Hence the poorly executed skeleton arm and hand.

I think it came out kind of cute, I just wish I could have detailed the hand better. But that pesky Sandy making me try to paint in candlelight... Anyways, I hope you like it, and make sure to check out the artwork from all of the other participants of the two challenges too!

TTFN!
~Jaclyn

Check out the other 8 Spooky Nights participants too, their links are below!

Peace Love Lacquer
XO, Noelle
College Polished
PishPosh & Polish
Beauty Dish
Nail By Katie
Jenerally Speaking 
Galactic Lacquer 
Tres' Chic Nails 
charlottes-nails 
Manic Manis
The Life, Time and Lacquers of Lilmoon
Makeup and Nails, Not War
Not Too Polished
Seriously Swatched
8 Spooky Nights
Jilltastic Nail Designs 

And the This is Halloween participants!

9 comments:

  1. CUTE!! I didn't know that about Jewish cemeteries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, you learn something new every day. :o) In Jewish cemeteries you do not leave flowers when you visit someone's grave, many people leave a stone or rock on the headstone to show that they were there.

      Delete
  2. Hmmmm...maybe you should learn a thing or two about cuticle clean up before you start judging others. As you can see from these photos, your clean up is lacking. Clean up or die coalition at its best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete