Monday, October 22, 2012

Skulls - 8 Spooky Nights Challenge

I have apparently lost my mind and decided to (attempt to) do two Halloween challenges at the same time. The This is Halloween challenge has been going for a few weeks now and we only have two manis per week for it, so I think it was a good way for me to start. But the 8 Spooky Nights Challenge from Peace, Love, Lacquer is for 8 days straight, so I think this may be a bit more difficult for me. But, here we go...

The first day's theme is Skulls, and I decided to go with a Día de los Muertos sugar skull manicure.

I used Zoya Gaia as a base for the skulls, but unfortunately I wasn't able to capture the shimmer in any of the photos I took. For the details I used CG Liquid Leather, Julep Niecy, Revlon Posh, and Zoyas Jancyn, Robin and Creamy.

For my first try at sugar skulls, well first attempt at skulls ever, I am pretty happy with how they came out. What do you think? If you have any tips or have seen a tutorial you really like, let me know.

TTFN,
~ Jaclyn

Check out the other participants too, their links are below!

Peace Love Lacquer
XO, Noelle
College Polished
PishPosh & Polish
Beauty Dish
Nail By Katie
Jenerally Speaking 
Galactic Lacquer 
Tres' Chic Nails 
charlottes-nails 
Manic Manis
The Life, Time and Lacquers of Lilmoon
Makeup and Nails, Not War
Not Too Polished
Mimi Manicures
Seriously Swatched
8 Spooky Nights
Jilltastic Nail Designs

10 comments:

  1. These are Awesome!! I <3 the colors used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute design, and i love your inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how bright these are, good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! I like how you dotted your own unique flowers, and the black outline that defines the skull shape is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much! You ladies have made my day. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are too cute!!! Great job!! Oh and I'm trying to be a follower of your blog and the stupid thing isn't working right!!! I will be back!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are AMAZING!! So great! Im glad you decided to torture yourself and join in on two challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like how you shaped these skulls. :D

    ReplyDelete