Sunday, October 28, 2012

Spider - 8 Spooky Nights

I know I am a day early, but with Sandy on the way I figured I may as well get this up.

I do not like spiders. I really really don't. I think this was the day I was looking forward to the least. But I tried.
I went with what I thought was a cutesy spider, and I used back acrylic paint for him, plus white paint and Zoya Elisa for the eyes. Iused a Sally Hansen nail art pen for the webs, but I am not really a fan of it. I really wanted them to be finer lines, so if anyone can recommend a nail art pen that draws narrower lines please let me know. I think the spider came out kind of cute but I would try drawing the webs again. With the impending "frankenstorm" I didn't have time for a redo though, so it is what it is.

I don't know if the rest of my challenge posts will be up on the days they are supposed to but if I lose power I will get them done as soon as I can so keep checking back. And now back to prepping for Sandy. To anyone caught in the path of the storm, be safe!

TTFN!
~ Jaclyn

Check out the other participants too, their links are below!

Peace Love Lacquer
XO, Noelle
College Polished
PishPosh & Polish
Beauty Dish
Nail By Katie
Jenerally Speaking 
Galactic Lacquer 
Tres' Chic Nails 
charlottes-nails 
Manic Manis
The Life, Time and Lacquers of Lilmoon
Makeup and Nails, Not War
Not Too Polished
Seriously Swatched
8 Spooky Nights
Jilltastic Nail Designs 

8 comments:

  1. Hope you're staying safe!! I love these nails, your spider is super cute! And the spider webs look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. He is one spider that doesn't make me squirm. :o)

      Delete
  2. These are darling! Love the orange. Stay Safe! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you. Now that you say that, I am surprised I didn't see any spider manis climbing a water spout. If I ever have to do another spider I am going to have to remember that.

      Delete