Sunday, October 21, 2012

This is Halloween Challenge - Gradient

I admit it, I did not do something for the bats. I still wasn't feeling all that great on Saturday, so I skipped over to the next theme - Gradient. And I know this is the theme for the 22nd and I am a bit early for it here, but since the participants are scattered across time zones I figured I may as well post. :o)

I thought about using white, yellow and orange to do Candy Corn, but I figured that would kind of be a repeat since that was my inspiration for the water marble, and decided to go with green and black instead. I figured that combo works for Halloween too, so I used 2 coats of The Nail Junkie's Apple and then sponged CG Liquid Leather over it.

I think the black looks kind of like swirling smoke, and Apple is a fantastic, bright green that you might find in a test tube in some crazy scientist's lab. There is a great sparkle to Apple, and you can see it a little, but it didn't show up that well in the photos. If you want to get Apple for yourself, you can get it from The Nail Junkie's shop here.

For my first gradient I am pretty happy with how it came out. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

TTFN!
~ Jaclyn


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! Your mani is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminds me a lot of Frankenstein!!! :D

    ReplyDelete