Saturday, October 6, 2012

This is Halloween Nail Art Challenge day 2 - water marble

I was having a really hard time coming up with something to do for a water marble for this. I thought about doing the mummies, but I usually can't get my marble to stripe that thin. Then I thought about black and orange, but I wanted something a little different. Then it hit me - candy corn! So, I slathered on the Vaseline (I am liking that better than taping so far) and got to marbling with Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in White On, and Zoya's Creamy and Jancyn.

 
I think the colors worked well for candy corn and I kind of like how it came out. Unfortunately I ended up with bubbling though, and that is my biggest problem when I water marble. Oh, please excuse the sloppy looking clean up. I swear nothing looks as bad in real life as it does in macro photos. Meh.
If anyone has suggestions how to avoid bubbling, PLEASE let me know. And if you are participating in this challenge, shoot me an email at lifetimesandlacquersoflilmoon@gmail.com with the link to your page for the day so I can add it below.

And now to come up with something for ghost day...

Remember to check out the info for the Polishing Off PC raffle here! It ends next Saturday night/Sunday morning, so make sure to get your donations in for chances at a Zoya Gilty Pleasures 18K Real Gold Nail Polish Topcoat Trio Gift Box (which is now sold out if you didn't know), a custom color from Pahlish, and a bunch of other great Indies!

No comments:

Post a Comment