Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Vampire's Coven from Dollish Polish

When I first saw Dollish Polish's This is Halloween collection, I thought the only color I had to have was Spectral Pup. (Instant lemming status.) So that was the first one I bought when I got the chance. But when I got lucky and was able to get my hands on some more of the collection (after stalking the shop like CRAZY) I decided to just get an extra bottle of Vampire's Coven for myself.

OMG, I am so glad I did. While the photos in the bottle didn't wow me, and the swatch photos I saw didn't thrill me, I absofreakinlutely LOVED it when I put it on!

Vampire's Coven is a vampy black jelly full of different sizes and shapes of red and fuscia (or maybe purple) glitters. I used two coats over Zoya Raven on my index and middle fingers, and my ring and pinky are three coats with no undies.


The polish was a little on the thick side, but it's worth it since the distribution of the glitters was fantastic, and I didn't need any Gelous to smooth it out. Three coats of Vampire's Coven on its own is good coverage - I didn't see any VNL. Like most jellies I have worn I do prefer to layer it over a colored base though; I think the black underneath just helps the glitters pop more and makes the layers look deeper. But that really is a personal preference. I thought these pictures show the glitter pretty well, but I wish I had been able to get some in sunlight because that was amazing.

Dolly was only selling her This is Halloween Collection until October 5th, so hopefully you were lucky enough to snag some of them. But if you were not, remember that two bottles of Spectral Pup, a bottle of Deadly Nightshade and a bottle of Vampire's Coven are all possible prizes in the Polishing Off Pancreatic Cancer raffle (check out what you need to do to enter here). One bottle of Spectral Pup is already up for grabs, and if enough money is raised the other three polishes will be added too!

Have a great night all, and I hope to see your names on the donor list!

~ Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment