Friday, October 26, 2012

Witch Manicure

Sorry, but I had trouble picking a witch design that I really liked, so I am doubling up and using this for the 8 Spooky Nights challenge and the This is Halloween challenge.

After looking at a lot of  pics to try and get some ideas, I came across a tutorial from Robin Moses here. It is the "Witch Flying in the Moonlight" design. So I watched the tutorial a few times until I was confident I could manage it, and then I tested on a swatch wheel and thought I was ready to go. But then I saw this stamp mani from Wacky Laki in my FB news feed, and really wanted to incorporate some detail from that into the original plan. What I ended up with is this!
Without flash
With flash to show some of the holo "stars"
For my starry night sky background, I used Maybelline Color Show Sapphire Siren for undies, and then NYC Starry Silver Glitter (which has some holo sparkle to it that I just couldn't get a great picture of). The moon was made with a combination of yellow and antique white acrylic paint, and the witch is black acrylic paint. Unfortunately I had the idea too late to go over the moon with some glow polish to get a pic of the witch flying in front of a glowing moon. :o(

I like the way my witch came out quite a bit, and I hope you do too. She was a little easier to paint than I thought she would be, so I recommend taking a look at the tutorial and giving it a try if you want to do a Halloween mani.

Catch everyone later! :o)
~ Jaclyn

Check out the other participants too, their links are below!

8 Spooky Nights:
Peace Love Lacquer
XO, Noelle
College Polished
PishPosh & Polish
Beauty Dish
Nail By Katie
Jenerally Speaking 
Galactic Lacquer 
Tres' Chic Nails 
charlottes-nails 
Manic Manis
The Life, Time and Lacquers of Lilmoon
Makeup and Nails, Not War
Not Too Polished
Seriously Swatched
8 Spooky Nights
Jilltastic Nail Designs 

This is Halloween:

8 comments: