Thursday, November 1, 2012

Black + Orange - 8 Spooky Nights

This was really the theme for yesterday, but unfortunately I wasn't able to get it up in time. So here it is, a day late.
By the time I got a chance to paint my nails last night I didn't really have energy for water marbling, or flames, or just about any freehand design. Instead I tried my first scotch tape mani. A few weeks ago I got a bunch of scrap booking scissors. I think they're scrap booking scissors anyway. There are 12, and they all cut different patterned lines. I used the pinking shears to cut the tape, and I think it came out kind of like some jack-o-lantern teeth. The orange base is Sinful Colors Summer Peach (and it looks a lot more neon in real life) and I used CG Liquid Leather for the black tips.

I kind of like it for my first tape mani. It makes me think of of a funky French mani, but with teeth. It is hard to believe Halloween has passed and the 8 Spooky Nights challenge is over. I ran into a few hiccups with Sandy, but I had fun doing so many designs in the period of time and I hope you liked seeing them. :o)

Catch you all later!
~ Jaclyn

Check out the other participants too, their links are below!

Peace Love Lacquer
XO, Noelle
College Polished
PishPosh & Polish
Beauty Dish
Nail By Katie
Jenerally Speaking 
Galactic Lacquer 
Tres' Chic Nails 
charlottes-nails 
Manic Manis
The Life, Time and Lacquers of Lilmoon
Makeup and Nails, Not War
Not Too Polished
Seriously Swatched
8 Spooky Nights
Jilltastic Nail Designs 

1 comment:

  1. Looking at it now is making me think of Charlie Brown's shirt. o.O Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete