Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Silver Holo Drips!

Election Day 2012. Today was a pretty exciting day for me - I voted for the first time ever! :o) And I know a lot of people did red, white and blue manis for election day but I just didn't feel like it. Instead, you could say I did a double TIOT mani with a new polish and a new technique. And the result is...
I used my WnW Fast Dry Ebony Hates Chris for the base, and then I made my drips out of the silvery holographic Harp On It. I wish I had a better sunlight photo so you could really see the holo, I mean this polish is sick in sunlight.

There was a downside for me though. Unfortunately, as much as I love the color, I am not so in love with the formula. The polish is a bit thick, and it dragged and left holes when I painted the drips. I also have an awful lot of tip wear after only having it on for one day. Over all, I love the holo in the polish, but I am not a fan of the formula. I have two of the other colors to swatch also, and hopefully those will go on better. It may just be that I need to use Harp On It as the base of a design rather than having to manipulate it as the art.

That's it for me tonight, but check back later this week for swatches of  Angel Kiss and Blue Heaven, two other colors in the holographic collection, and a swatch post of Harp On It Too.

TTFN!
~ Jaclyn

4 comments: