Wednesday, November 14, 2012

OPI DS Magic for World Diabetes Day

November 14th is World Diabetes Day. In honor of that I have a blue manicure today. I am a Type II diabetic, as are a few of my family members. I think it is a good idea to raise more awareness about the disease, and you will find more info about WDD here.

For my blue, I broke out my OPI DS Magic. I recently acquired this beauty, and it is one of my very first DSs. It took me long enough, right? ;o)

Anyhoo, I really do love this polish. I think it is an awesome sparkly shade of glass flecked blue, and it has a gorgeous purple duochrome to it. Which my camera did not pick up. At all. Hopefully I will be able to get a shot of that for you in natural light tomorrow. But look at that blue!
I used two coats of Magic over a clear base and then a coat of HK Girl to top it off. First coat applied rather streaky, but my second coat evened it out. I may have done slightly thicker coats though because I saw a couple of reviews where people needed three. I also had a very hard time with cleanup as you may be able to see in the pic, but overall I like Magic. A LOT. It is definitely one of my favorite blues.

Do you have Magic? How did it work for you with cleanup? If you have any tips for this one I would appreciate them. And do you have a favorite DS you want to recommend? Let me know which one. :o)

Have a great day/night everybody!
~ Jaclyn


***The products mentioned above were purchased by me for my personal use, and all opinions are strictly my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment