Saturday, December 1, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Challenge - Day 1

Hello everybody! I know I have been slacking a lot lately, but now that I am doing another nail art challenge I will be back to posting at least a couple of times a week! I know, I know, you're all really excited about that right? Lol.

Enough joking around! Before I post my red and green mani I need to wish my hubby a very happy birthday!

So, Plump and Polished's 12 Days of Christmas challenge begins today, and the theme is red and green only. I don't know why, but the fact that I could only use the two colors was making it rather hard for me to come up with an idea of what to do. But after scrolling through soooo many photos, I found my inspiration here. And now, what you have all been waiting for, the manicure!
Yup, I went with a checkerboard pattern. I never did one of these before, and I kind of like how it came out. I used Zoya's Elisa and Holly, and then BL matte topcoat over Elisa. Since I wanted to keep the red matte I did not use a top coat over the whole mani but that probably would have evened out the lines a little for me. Oh well, I like it though! The shiny vs. the matte makes it a little different. I would really like to get my hands on some striping tape before I do another checkerboard so I could make the boxes smaller. Regular tape does not always play well with me. 
There you have it folks, my mani for day 1 of the challenge. If you would like to join (and you really should do it just for fun) the rest of the themes are:

But, if you don't want to join you can always check out the designs from the other participants in the links below.

Now I need to go celebrate DH's birthday, so I will see you all later. :-)

~ Jaclyn

4 comments:

  1. This looks so much better than mine! I love it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your dots. That was the first thing I thought of doing but you beat me to it. :o)

      Delete
  2. Cute! I like it a lot. It's nice to see two different finishes as wel.

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the two different textures. Great job!

    ReplyDelete