Monday, December 3, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Challenge - Day 2

I had a lot of fun with today's theme. Penguins! How could I not have fun with that? I like the way they came out a lot, and I think they're pretty freakin cute. Whatdya think?
I kept thinking of the penguin from the classic "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" named Popper. So I made my penguins pop out from all over. :o)

For the base I used Donner and Blitzen's Snow Prints from Two Birds One Store, and it was part of the  Reindeer Gone Wild! collection. It is a very pale blue almost white jelly/crelly with small and medium white hex glitters, blue square micro glitter, light blue medium hexes and some shimmer. I loved it when I first saw it and I think it is a perfect winter color with the hexes like snow. I used three coats, and since there is still a little VNL I think I will use a colored base next time. Application was great, the glitter is evenly distributed so I didn't have to go fishing, and it leveled nicely so one coat of HK Girl was all I needed on top.

And now for the penguins! They were actually easier than I thought they would be. I used CG Liquid Leather for their bodies, white acrylic for their bellies and eyes, and Zoya Jancyn for their beaks, then I put another coat of HK Girl on top.

I hope you like my penguins, and you can check out the other bloggers' penguins in the links below. :o)

TTFN.
~Jaclyn

6 comments:

  1. GAH! THESE ARE BEYOND ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these penguins!! so cute, and i love how they're peeking out of all corners :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you thank you. I am glad you all like them. I wish I had kept them on longer, they kept me amused. Lol.

    ReplyDelete