Wednesday, December 5, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Challenge - Day 3

Aaaand today's theme for Plump and Polished's challenge is, a tape mani. I have done a couple of these before, but with this one I learned an important lesson - make sure the bottom coats are completely dry. Silly me thought they were, but they weren't, and when I lifted the tape it pulled at some of the polish. Doh! I still think they didn't come out too bad though.
Being that me and DH celebrate Chrismukah (I was raised Catholic and he was raised Jewish so we blended the holidays), I decided to use Chanukah colors for this one. The base is CC Holo Hues Harp On It, and the blue stripes are Dollish Polish's It's Bigger on the Inside. One day I will manage to get a great pic of the holo aspect of the silver, it just wasn't meant to be with this mani. You can see the holo a little, but you really need to see this in person to get the full Holy Holo Batman! effect.

Now that I got some striping tape (and you have NO idea how excited I was about that!) I think I can go a little more detailed with my next tape mani. And if you have any tips, pleeeeease let me know, and you can check out the other participants tape manis in the links to their blogs below!

TTFN all!
~ Jaclyn

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Love your penguins and your holo canes are totally rad! Could you please share with me your inlinkz code so that I can display the thumbnails, too? And is there a way to get new inlinks for each day so that our photos get updated?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Actually, I have been using the same code from the first day. I just use the web address for each specific post so each link goes to a different day. :o)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks. I wish the holo for mine showed up as well as yours did. :o)

      Delete