Sunday, December 9, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Challenge - Day 5

Today's theme is Snow/Snowflakes. So I went with some freehand snowflakes.
I used a base of NYC's quick dry Pier 17, and then I went over that with a coat of Zoya Kotori to add some sparkle. For the snowflakes, I first drew them on with white acrylic paint (after my attempts with a white striper were horrible) and then I went over them with a silver glitter striper. I topped it off with a coat of HK Girl but I wasn't loving the way it looked with the glossy topcoat, so I went over it with a coat of butter LONDON Matte Finish topcoat for something a little different. Sometimes I like the way it shows the color of a glittery polish. What do you think of the matting glitter polishes, have you ever tried it?

Leave a comment and let me know what you think of my snowflakes. :o) And check out the other challenge participants in the blog links below!

Catch you all later!
~ Jaclyn

1 comment:

  1. Great snowflakes!! And I've nominated you for the Liebster award, so check out my blog for more info!!!
    ~ Trendy Tips
    http://polishednailart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete