Tuesday, December 11, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Challenge - Day 6

Today's theme is water marble. Which I usually don't mind. It took some time but I think I got a pretty decent marble most of the time. My problem this time was the colors. I didn't want to do just red and green or red and white/green and white, so I used a-england Holy Grail (original version) instead of white. The red is Zoya Rekha and the green is Zoya Holly.
I don't know why, but I just couldn't get the colors to show as I wanted them to. My ring finger and pinky have the usual white base I use with most water marbles. I thought the gold was showing too yellow, so I used a coat of Holy Grail under the marble. The gold shows darker, but... I just don't love it. Which is sad, because these are probably the neatest marble designs I have ever gotten. *shrugs* What can you do?

Leave a comment to let me know what you think of this marble. And go check out the blogs of the other participants in the links below!

TTFN!
~ Jaclyn

4 comments:

  1. These are so pretty and Christmas-y!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your art the marbling is fantastic and I loved your Charlie Brown Christmas tree
    I nominated you for Liebster Award
    http://paintedaddict.blogspot.com/2012/12/apparently-nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete