Thursday, December 13, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Challenge - Day 7

I was excited for today's theme - Candy Cane! One of the first water marble tutorials I watched was from Colette at My Simple Little Pleasures, and it was her candy cane water marble tutorial. I hadn't tried water marbling yet, and I just thought that was so freakin cool and knew I would have to try it for Christmas. Now, I know day 6's theme was water marbling, but I couldn't resist doing it for this too. And now you have my candy cane mani!

And while I usually am not a fan of "claw" pics, at least not mine, I had to take one to get my thumb in too.

I am really loving how this came out. I tried striping water marbles before and, well, there are reasons they never made it into a blog post, but tonight I got it just how I wanted.

And now for the deets. For something different (and to add some sparkle) I used a Sinful Colors silver glitter, Queen of Beauty, as my base. Unfortunately the photos didn't really pick it up, but you can see some of the sparkle through the red. That is Zoya Elisa, and the white is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On. And as usual I topped it with a layer of HK Girl, but for some reason it is not as glossy as usual. I am ok with that though. :o)

Have you ever tried any candy cane manicures? Check out the blogs below to see theirs too, and feel free to jump in and participate!

Catch you all later.
~ Jaclyn

Plump and Polished
Cat's Claws 
The Blahg

1 comment: