Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Liebster Award

I am very excited that Trendy Tips nominated me for a Liebster Award! It is an award for up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers and I am honored to be considered. :o)

**Here are the details on receiving this award**

  1. Each person must post 11 random things about themselves.
  2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you, plus create 11 questions for the people you nominate to answer.
  3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post
  4. Go to their page and tell them.
  5. No tag backs!
So, first things first, 11 random things about me:
  1. My husband and I have two pet chinchillas, Gandalf and Silva, that we adopted from a rescue.
  2. I do some origami and have a box of cranes I have folded.
  3. When was little I played baseball on a boy's league and not softball.
  4. I like to knit and have made hats, scarves and baby blankets.
  5. I didn't learn to drive and get my license until I was 20.
  6. I had a horseback riding accident when I was 16 and didn't get to finish Junior year in school.
  7. I really want to take a trip on the Orient Express.
  8. I wanted to be a Forensic Psychologist after watching the show "Profiler."
  9. I have 4 tattoos. Or 7 depending on how you look at them.
  10. My DH and I got married wearing medieval costumes in Las Vegas.
  11. I have used vodka to make perfume from a scented oil I got.
And now for Trendy Tips' questions.

1. What is your favorite nail polish? 
Wow. I have so many I don't know if I can really pick a favorite. Ummm... Zoya Rekha, butter LONDON Disco Biscuit, 365 Days of Color Funfetti, Pahlish Pianos Filled with Flames and Slow Fade of Love are probably my top 5, but I love so many...

2. Do you/did you ever play sports? If so, which ones? 
Hehe, I actually listed two of them above. I played baseball, soccer, bowling, I was on two swim teams and I used to ride horseback.

3. Name your favorite singer/band.
I like so many it is hard to say. I listen to music a lot, and genre depends on my mood or if I learned about a new artist. Lately I have been listening to Florence and the Machine and Enya the most.
    
4. What are your hobbies besides nails?
Knitting, origami, cooking, baking, reading, and I occasionally make jewelry.

5. What is your favorite book? (or author)
The author I have read the most is Nora Roberts. I think the book I have read most often is Redwall by Brian Jacques, both as a child and an adult, so I guess that would be my fave.

6. What is one accessory you cannot live without?
Hair ties. Definitely need hair ties.

7. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I like telling people about new polishes or techniques I have tried, and hopefully it inspires others to try new things too. When someone told me I inspired her to try to stop biting her nails and make them pretty it was really cool.

8. Do you know another language? (besides your native language, that is)
I took Spanish for about 10 or 12 years in school, and then I took Italian in college. Unfortunately I am not fluent in either of them, but I would like to really learn Italian someday.

9. What is the last movie you went to see? Was it good?
I don't really like going to the movies. I get too distracted by everyone else around me. The last one I remember going to the movie theater to see is the last Harry Potter, and I am glad I saw that on the big screen.

10. Favorite Christmas tradition? (if you celebrate it)
My DH is Jewish, so we celebrate Chrismukah and are kind of making our own traditions as we go. My favorite part is probably when I put out the ceramic Christmas tree that was my grandmothers and lighting it.

11. Do you have pets? (yes, I know I stole this question from Sarah, but I really liked it; pictures make it better!! :)
Yup. We have the two chinchillas. We used to have another chinchilla named Smeagol and a hamster named Chip, but they went over the rainbow bridge. :'o(

But enough about me, now my questions for you!
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
2. What hobbies and interests do you have?
3. What is your favorite food and why?
4. What is your most precious belonging? How did it become so special?
5. What do you think has been your greatest achievement/made you the most proud?
6. If you could relive one moment in your life, what would it be and why?
7. Do you have any pets? (Yeah, I like the pet question. ;o) )
8. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and with who?
9. If you would only listen to one album ever again, what album would it be?
10. What is your favorite piece of nail art (or any other art if you're not a lacquerhead) that you have done?
11. What is the funniest/craziest thing that ever happened to you?

And now for the bloggers I nominate! :o) (Unfortunately I haven't come up with all 11 yet...)

Indian Lacquerade
Nail Polish In My Eyes
Apply Polish Here
Cat's Claws
ehmkay nails
Color Me So Crazy
Buttercup's Obsession
Kat Stays Polished
Dipped in Lacquer

1 comment: