Saturday, January 26, 2013

Polish and Purls

Hi everyone!

Good news - I think I am finally kicking this cold/respiratory virus that has been kicking my butt for two weeks. As I am sure most of you know, it is really hard to polish your nails when you have to grab tissues constantly, so I haven't been able to do much by way of nail polish or art lately. So right now I have on Howl at the Moon from Girly Bits, and you can see my review on that here. I still like this polish A LOT, especially since it has not developed any "reflective curling" issues like I am seeing with some other metallic hex glitters.

Since I couldn't do much in the way of polish, I did get more of my knitting done. I tried fingerless gloves for the first time using the Easy Fingerless Mitts pattern by Roxanne Richardson that I found on Ravelry, and made a pair to match the hat I made myself a few years ago.


In other happy news, the polishes I ordered in the a-england promotion arrived today! I was lucky and ordered early enough to avoid the shipping issues that are going on with Royal Mail at this point. I ordered "O" and finally killed two of my lemmings - St. George and Tristam. The third in the set is Excalibur.  Oooooh, I cannot wait to swatch these babies and get reviews up for you!
 
Tristam, Excalibur and St. George in sunlight

That's it for today folks! I am happy to be back to blogging and hope to be doing it regularly again.

Later gators!
~ Jaclyn


*All polishes above were purchased by me, the gloves knitted by me, and all opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award! Find out the rules at catsclawspolish.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete