Friday, February 22, 2013

NOTD - OPI Eurso Euro and JessiGeeWhiz

Eurso Euro is another polish from OPI's Euro Centrale collection. This was the one polish I HAD to have from this collection, ever since I saw Manicurator's swatch post of it! Needless to say, when I walked into Ulta and it was sitting right there with the rest of the collection I had to restrain myself from doing a happy dance.



This is two coats of Eurso Euro topless. I have seen a lot of swatches that show it as a brighter, more royal or cobalt blue, but I find it is more of a navy blue with a little bit of a purple undertone. While I picked it up because I thought it was that brighter shade of blue, I like the darker tone of it on me a lot. Plus it has met my need for a navy blue creme. At least for now anyway. ;o)

As much as I like Eurso Euro, I wanted to doll it up a bit. I decided to use one of the loose glitters I just got from JessiGeeWhiz. (You should definitely check out the great selection of glitters in her shop btw.) Of the four I have, I decided to go with the silver holographic Bellbottoms & Platforms. Try as I might, I could not get a good picture of the awesome holo of the glitter, but these are my poor attempts. Unfortunately I had to get blurry photos to show the holo at all.

I had never used loose glitter for a mani before. To do this mani, I put a clear top coat over Eurso Euro, and then I tapped an eyeshadow brush I dipped in the glitter above the nail to sprinkle the glitter around onto the wet polish. Since the polish needs to be wet for the glitter to stick, I put the clear polish on each nail as I was about to glitter it and did them one by one. After I waited a few minutes for the glitter to set a bit, I used one coat of HK Girl for a top coat on all of my nails.

For my first loose glitter mani, I am pretty happy with how it came out. Plus I got some compliments on the great sparkle from Jessi's glitter, and I am kind of excited to try another glitter mani with one of the other colors I have. But I really need to figure out a way to get better pictures that show holographic effects, so if anyone has any tips on how to accomplish that I would really appreciate it.

Well, that's is for me for the moment. Laters all!

Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment