Tuesday, February 19, 2013

TIOT - Striping Tape Mani

Hiya everybody.

For today's Try It On Tuesday mani, I broke out my striping tape. I have done scotch tape manis before, but I never tried using the striping tape to make, well, stripes. So here we go.
For the base I used two coats of Aquadelic, and then I used one coat of Turned Up Turquoise to make the tape design. And I used a coat of HK Girl on top.

Unfortunately TUT set up and started drying faster than I could get the tape off, so I didn't get the crisp lines I was hoping for. And I think it was better when I used less tape so it wasn't so bunched up. But live and learn, right? 

I don't know why, but the pics with the bottles show the colors a bit dustier than they are IRL.I think these pics show the colors a little better.
 And that was my attempt with striping tape. I need to practice a bit more, but I figure that's not too shabby. Overall, I like it

If anyone has tips for my next try with striping tape feel free to let me know. :o)

Laters!

Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment