Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Zoya Natty and FeiFei

Greetings all!

Lately I have been on a mission to use more of my untried polishes. I got FeiFei months ago, and Natty a little more recently, but I hadn't used either of them before today.  Both are from Zoya's Fall 2012 collections; FeiFei is from the Diva collection and Natty is from the Designer collection. While I loved FeiFei the first time I saw a swatch, Natty took some time to grow on me. But now that I have them on I am kicking myself for waiting so darn long to wear them!

Natty is a dreamy, dusty, smoky gray-blue creme, and FeiFei is a gorgeous metallic medium blue. But she isn't just blue; Zoya's website describes FeiFei  as having "heavy gold, blue and pink iridescent metallic sparkle." I couldn't even get a photo in any light that really shows the depth of FeiFei, and this post is pretty picture heavy for me since I kept trying to capture her. She is a color that really needs to be seen in person. 

FeiFei and Natty both show differently based on changes in lighting, so I took pictures in artificial light, natural light, and at different angles with flash to show you the many faces of this pair. All of the pictures show two coats of FeiFei on middle and ring fingers, and two coats of Natty on index and pinky. And, as usual, I used a coat of HK Girl on top. The formula on both Natty and FeiFei was fantastic and they went on like butter. Natty could possibly be a one coater if the layer is a little on the thick side, but I like two thinner coats better.

In artificial light I find Natty pulls much more gray, and FeiFei looks more silver than blue. These two colors have multiple personalities!
Artificial light
I think indirect natural light (meaning overcast sunlight) shows both colors the best and that this photo is the most color accurate. The balance between blue and silver/gray is the best in natural light. I really wanted a sunlight picture, but Mother Nature just was not cooperating.

Indirect hazy sunlight
Both colors pull much more blue when I use the flash. But I liked the way they both look so much I had a lot of trouble narrowing down the photos to post. And I think the flash shows the sparkle of FeiFei better.


 

Seriously, if you don't have Natty and FeiFei you should really think about getting them, especially if you are a blue lover. They're each beautiful on their own, and they are even better when you wear them together. I am not sure if either of them is available in Ulta or any other store, but both can be found on Zoya's website.

 And now to rifle through more of my untrieds. Laters!

Jaclyn 


A medium steel blue base with heavy gold, blue and pink iridescent metallic sparkle. - See more at: http://www.zoya.com/content/38/item/Zoya/Zoya-Nail-Polish-FeiFei-ZP636.html#sthash.gJ9tEmgr.dpuf
A medium steel blue base with heavy gold, blue and pink iridescent metallic sparkle. A truly unique sparkling iridescent blue that adds a magical look to the nails. - See more at: http://www.zoya.com/content/38/item/Zoya/Zoya-Nail-Polish-FeiFei-ZP636.html#sthash.gJ9tEmgr.dpuf
A medium steel blue base with heavy gold, blue and pink iridescent metallic sparkle. - See more at: http://www.zoya.com/content/38/item/Zoya/Zoya-Nail-Polish-FeiFei-ZP636.html#sthash.gJ9tEmgr.dpuf
A medium steel blue base with heavy gold, blue and pink iridescent metallic sparkle. A truly unique sparkling iridescent blue that adds a magical look to the nails. - See more at: http://www.zoya.com/content/38/item/Zoya/Zoya-Nail-Polish-FeiFei-ZP636.html#sthash.gJ9tEmgr.dpuf
A medium steel blue base with heavy gold, blue and pink iridescent metallic sparkle. A truly unique sparkling iridescent blue that adds a magical look to the nails. - See more at: http://www.zoya.com/content/38/item/Zoya/Zoya-Nail-Polish-FeiFei-ZP636.html#sthash.gJ9tEmgr.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment