Sunday, March 24, 2013

Julie G's Frosted Gumdrops


Greetings all!

Today I have one of the new textured polish collections, the Frosted Gumdrops set from Julie G.

Colors: Hot Cinnamon = Red, Tangerine Dream = Orange with gold shimmer, Rock Candy = Teal/Green with small hex glitters, Blueberry Fizz = Blue/Periwinkle with small hex glitters, Crushed Candy = Purple/Lilac with small hex glitters. Not shown is Sugar Rush = Coral with gold shimmer.
Formula: Very good; not thick and not thin
Application: Easy to work with, slight streakiness on the first coat but evened out with second coat.
Wear: So far no chips or tip wear but I have only had the colors on for a day.
Dupe: These are the first textured polishes I tried, so if there are duplicates I don’t know which polishes they are.
Where to buy: The collection will eventually be available in Rite Aid (I haven’t seen a specific release date yet, keep an eye on their Facebook page for that info) but you can currently buy them from the Jesse’s Girl Cosmetics website here.

Natural light

Artificial light
While I like this collection overall, the red, coral and orange are my favorites. I am not loving the small hexes in the other three and would prefer the colors without them. And if you haven't tried any of the textured polishes yet this may take a little getting used to. It feels kind of like a coarse nail file, but if you don't like the grit you can use Gelous and a topcoat to smooth it all out.

Have you tried any of the gumdrop colors yet? If not I would check them out.

~ Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment