Saturday, April 6, 2013

Light it up Blue Manicure for Autism Awareness


Hi everyone. If you didn’t already know, April is Autism Awareness month. Chances are you will be seeing a lot of manis combining blue, puzzle pieces and the Light It Up Blue light bulb logo. This is the mani I did to “Light It Up Blue.”



Unfortunately it did not come out quite as good as I was hoping. I tried to do the logo on my ring finger and the puzzle pieces on my thumb using silver Sharpie over OPI Eurso Euro. It looked pretty good before I tried to put on top coat, but unfortunately doing that pulled the silver ink and blurred the drawings. I am going to try to do a few more blue manis this month and hopefully I will have better luck with those.

Many of us either know someone who is autistic or someone who has a family member who is autistic. To learn more about autism, and what you can do to help others understand, visit the Autism Speaks website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment